The amount deducted for Federal Income Tax, Social Security and Medicare Taxes are based on the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, Publication15, Circular E. To change your federal withholding tax, you must complete a new W-4 form.

Please note that the payroll office cannot advise employees as the appropriate amount of income tax to be deducted. This type of advice should be obtained from a certified public accountant.